Following the Government announcement of bringing forward the date for places of public worship to open on Monday 29th June, we have put a plan in place to make sure that we are ready to open with all measures in place to ensure the safety of our congregations. In order to do so we are looking urgently for Volunteers to help with stewarding sanitizing the Churches, .
We are holding a meeting on Tuesday 23rd June at 8.15pm in SS. Peter & Paul`s Church and Wednesday 24th June at 6pm in Balscadden. Please remember that if we want our Churches to reopen we need Volunteers in order to do so otherwise we will have to remain closed.
1. There will be a queuing process for entering the Church. Volunteer stewards will call you in. Because seating is now reduced the Church can accommodate just over 100 people. Please do not take offence if you are unable to enter the Church. Mass can be heard through speakers in front of the Church and we will provide seating and Holy Communion will also be distributed to those outside.
2. On entering Church please sanitize your hands. Masks are recommended although some with medical conditions might not be able to wear them.
3. There will be a one way system in place so please follow the directional arrows. Entrance to the Church will be through the main doors and exit from the side aisles.
4. Seats will be marked with an X. . Couples and families from the same house can sit together.
5. Holy Communion can be received in the Hand ONLY. Ministers of the Eucharist will have to wear mask and hand sanitize before and after distribution. We will be operating a one way system for approaching a Minister and for returning to your seat at the same time observing social distancing.
6. There will no longer be basket collections at Mass instead boxes clearly marked First Collection and Share Collection will be in place at the back and front of the Church for you to place your donations in at weekends and during the week. Please do so as you enter or leave the Church. We are most grateful for all donations received during the current crisis.
7. The obligation to attend Sunday Mass is temporarily suspended. We would encourage you to attend weekday Masses at 10am & 7.30pm. There will be teething problems we ask for your understanding and patience with us as this is a learning curve for all of us and we will make the necessary changes if and when they are required.